So many movies on YouTube how can I compete?
YouTube is the movie channel number 1 daily so many movies are watched not only directly but also embedded in a lot of websites all over the world. This makes YouTube very interesting if you have something to offer or at least think you have something to offer and are better than anyone else.
Yes there is a lot of competition on YouTube but do not fear that, you are the best and will always be better than someone else, you improve yourself know how to market yourself and if not then you just have to learn that like all other people.
But are you really competing with someone else? If you do the same as someone else yes then you are indeed in competition but if you are the only one who can do that magic trick then you are not in compition anymore however maybe no-one is looking for that.
Sometimes when I go over YouTube and I see a video I wonder why so many people watched the same video but I just did added 1 more to the total number of watchers and think that I can do better but for that I need proper equipment and not just a camera as I have right now.
Having a blog is a good way to express yourself and your knowledge on certain items or a niche market and embedding your Youtube video to your blog is a good way to attract more visitors to your website and hopefully one day you are generating more money online than you ever imagined but you do need a proper camera.
Why a Video Camera is my Laptop Camera or Smartphone not Good Enough?
The camera on your laptop can be good enough or you can buy a small camera that you place close to your computer. All possible, it depends on what your requirements are. It might be that you just want to record something you do on the screen and place that on Youtube, there are many people doing that and for this you do not need a camera at all.
However I do not see you sing or performing an act in front of your computer, it is just not handy, it just does not give you the flexibilty and screen resoluton is crap and there are some other imporant "events" in your live where you need something decent.
Have you ever seen a video of your friends wedding and only thought why did you not get a proper camera? The quality is rubish, the resolution is crap, I do not hear what people say, there is too much noise picked up in other words hire a professional film company for your wedding. Don't you do the same with the photographer?
Your weddng is an important part of your life and something you will go over and over again in years to come and this is just a simple reason to have a proper camera.
If your wedding is important so you honeymoon should be put on camera, two events very close after each other but these kinds of vacations are perfect for the relaxation or be very active, all depends who you are but again in order to watch your honeymoon over and over again you will be happy that you have a camera with quality.
Baby - Kids
Is the baby coming? Another event you might want to put on camera and the years after and then it would be great to have a good camera not giving you any regret later on in live. Yeps, all okay but I have a smartphone and can make the film with that.
In the video it is made clear that you can shoot amazing footage with a smartphone you will need to make sure that you have a smartphione with the highest resolution you can get but you absolutely need a tripot otherwise you will not be able to keep a non shaking movie. The rest does speak for itself.
Computer & Software
You do need to learn how to edit all the film you did shoot to cut what you do not need and to make it a beautifull movie that includes music and everything you want to be included but if you do not want to shoot a movie with a smartphone then you need a camera and why not the Sony FDR-AX33BDI Ultra HD 4K, it is an amazing camera that will do everything you need.
Indeed I Need a Proper Camera - Glad You Agree
There are so many reasons to buy a proper camera but once that decision is made only the next step is the research which camera is the best to buy. Indeed a good question and here it all comes down to the requirements, what are you going to do with the camera.
Is it all to make money by creating a video from home or is it more than just making money?
Sony FDR-AX33BDI Ultra HD 4K
These can be very personal but for the camera that I am going for the Sony FDR-AX33BDI the specifications are and these are within my requirements:
- Size & Weight
- With 700 gram that includes the battery the dimension are 71 x 78.5 x 155mm
- Type of Sensor
- 1/2.3 type (7.76mm) back-illuminated "Exmor™ R" CMOS Sensor
- Pixels Video 8.29 MP (16:9 video format)
- Pixels Images 10.3 MP (16:9 format) or 7.74 MP (4:3 format)
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T*
- FILTER DIAMETER 52mm
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE) F1.8 - F3.4
- APERTURE TYPE 6 blades
- FOCAL LENGTH f=3.8-38.0mm
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM) (VIDEO) f=29.8 - 298.0 mm (16:9)
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM) (STILL IMAGE) f=26.8-268.0mm (16:9), f=32.8-328.0mm (4:3)
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE Approx. 1cm (Wide), Approx. 80cm (Tele)
- OPTICAL ZOOM 10x
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM 4K : 15x, HD : 20x
- DIGITAL ZOOM 120x
- Image Stabilization
- STEADYSHOT Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- EXPOSURE MODES Auto, Flexible Spot (Touch Panel), Manual (Menu/Ring)
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION AE Shift(Touch Panel/Ring)
- BACKLIGHT COMPENSATION Yes (Auto)
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION Low: 4K: 5 lux (1/25 Shutter Speed), HD: 3 lux (1/25 Shutter Speed), NightShot: 0 lux (1/50 Shutter Speed), Standard: 4K: 9 lux (1/50 Shutter Speed), HD: 6 lux (1/50 Shutter Speed)
- White Balance
- Auto, Indoor, One Push, Outdoor
- 0.6cm(0.24 type)/Color 1 555 200 dots equivalent
- SCREEN TYPE 7.5cm(3.0 type) Xtra Fine LCD™ display (921 600dots) Wide (16:9)
- ANGLE ADJUSTMENT Opening Angle:max.90 deg.;Turning Angle:max.270 deg.
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL Yes (Menu)
- TOUCH PANEL Yes
- Auto Control Range (1/6 - 1/10000 sec.), Manual Iris Control (1/25 - 1/10000 sec.), Manual Shutter (1/6 - 1/10000 sec.), Smooth Slow Rec (1/215 - 1/10000 sec.), Standard (1/50 - 1/10000 sec.)
- TYPE Contrast AF
- MODE Auto/Manual (Touch Panel / Ring)
- AREA Full range Focus, Spot Focus
- IMAGE PROCESSOR BIONZ™ X image processor
- SELF-TIMER Approx.10sec.(Still Image/Golf Shot)
- SCENE SELECTION Auto, Beach, Fireworks, Landscape, Night Scene, Portrait, Snow, Spotlight, Sunrise & Sunset
- PICTURE EFFECT Yes
- #OTHER SHOOTING FUNCTIONS My Voice Canceling, Cinematone, Face Detection, Smile Shutter, Golf Shot, Smooth Slow Rec, Image Stabilization, Intelligent Auto
- METERING SYSTEM Pre-flash TTL
- MODE Auto/On/Off
- COMPENSATION Yes (3 steps)
- Storage Media
- XAVC S 4K(100Mbps): SDXC/SDHC memory card (UHS-I U3 or higher), XAVC S 4K(60Mbps)/XAVC S HD(50Mbps): SDXC/SDHC memory card (Class10 or higher), AVCHD,Still: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher). To use SDHC memory card, firmware update of camera may be required.
- RECORDING FORMAT (VIDEO) AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XAVC S format:MPEG4-AVC/H.264
- RECORDING FORMAT (STILL IMAGE) DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- VIDEO RESOLUTION AVCHD: 1920x1080/50p(PS), 25p(FX,FH), 24p(FX,FH),50i(FX,FH), 1440x1080/50i(HQ,LP), MP4: 1280x720 25p, XAVCS 4K: 3840x2160/25p, 24p, XAVCS HD: 1920x1080/50p, 25p, 24p
- VIDEO RECORDING RATE (ABR / VBR) AVCHD PS: Approx. 28Mbps / FX: Approx. 24Mbps / FH: Approx. 17Mbps / HQ: Approx. 9Mbps / LP: Approx. 5Mbps, MP4: Approx. 3Mbps, XAVC S 4K: Approx. 100Mbps, XAVC S 4K: Approx. 60Mbps, XAVC S HD: Approx. 50Mbps
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (PHOTO MODE) 20.6 Megapixels 16:9 (6048x3400), 15.4 Megapixels 4:3 (4528x3400), M: 10.3 Megapixels 16:9 (4288x2408),7.7 Megapixels 4:3 (3216x2408), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080),0.3 Megapixels 4:3 (640x480)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (MOVIE MODE) M: 10.3 Megapixels 16:9 (4288x2408), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (DUAL RECORD) M: 10.3 Megapixels 16:9 (4288x2408), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- PROGRESSIVE MODE AVCHD: 60p/24p, Progressive recording, MP4: 30p, Progressive recording, XAVC S 4K: 30p/24p, Progressive recording, XAVC S HD: 60p/30p/24p, Progressive recording
- MICROPHONE Built-in Zoom Microphone
- AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT Dolby® Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, Dolby® Digital 5.1ch, Dolby® Digital 5.1Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48kHz/16bit)
- WIND NOISE REDUCTION Yes (On/Off)
- SPEAKER Monaural Speaker
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS 4K Output (HDMI Out), Accessory Shoe, DC IN, HDMI Terminal, Headphone Jack, Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Composite Video Out, Stereo Minijack
- WI-FI Yes
- NFC Yes
- LENS COVER Auto
- 4K Super-sampled Full HD Playback, Highlight Movie Maker, Slideshow (Still Images), Trimming Playback
- SUPPLIED BATTERY Rechargeable Battery Pack (NP-FV70
- USB CHARGE Yes
- POWER CONSUMPTION (VIEWFINDER) 4K: 5.6W
- POWER CONSUMPTION (LCD SCREEN) 4K: 5.6W
- 4K image quality; a sharp resolution of 3840x2160 pixels will give you perfect images
- Extra-light, extra-compact body; smaller and lighter than its predecessor FDR-AC100
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot - shoot perfect video under all circumstances shaky bumpy free by stabilising the image
- Live Streaming via Ustream - Handy for your Live Blog - stream to your blog instantly
- Superb night shooting - dark nights are not dark anymore with pictures taken using infra-red light.
Is it really good?
Reading all kinds of reviews on the internet this camera seems to be good, at least good enough for me and that means it must have at least a 4 out of 5 otherwise I would not even consider it.
Where to buy
Leave a comment on the FDR-AX33BDI and I will be in touch or discuss the video camera in our forum.